In response to growing concerns over forest management worldwide, Alloway Timber (Southern) Ltd attained it’s own Chain Of Custody Certification in January 2006. It’s six branches are certified For Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC) and the Programme For The Endorsement Of Forest Certification (PEFC™). By the Soil Association Certification Ltd.
Click here to view Alloway Timber's FSC Registration Certificate.
Click here to view Alloway Timber's PEFC Registration Certificate.
Click here to view Alloway Timber's TTF Certificate.
Click here to view Alloway Timber's FSC and PEFC Policy Statement.
Chain of Custody
Chain of Custody (COC) means tracking timber from the tree in the forest, to the processing plant to our depots and to the final
customer. It is important that systems are in place at each stage to ensure identification of the material and third party auditing of the
supply chain is required to ensure that there is no contamination at any stage.
For the process to work, each company in the supply chain must have their COC system audited against a set method of working and
hold a current COC certificate. FSC and PEFC require audits to their own criteria so we have COC certificate issued by Soil Association Certification Ltd against both schemes.
It is essential that customers stipulate the certification requirement at time of order so that our invoices conform to our COC
Buying Under Chain of Custody
- Be confident about the source of the material
- Be confident that it is third party audited
- Be confident that there is a transparent procedure from the forest to Alloway Timber depots
- Be confident it helps promote further supplies of certified material
- Be sure it will result in future resources for future generations
- Be confident that Alloway Timber will continue to invest in supporting forestry initiatives
- Be sure that you stipulate your requirements clearly at the time of enquiry or order
- Be aware that each order placed only covers goods to be supplied against that order
- Be aware that if processing goods and supplying on, then your own chain of custody is required
The trademark of the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) indicates that the wood used to make the product comes from a forest which is well managed according to strict environmental, social and economic standards.